The Italian association of live music promoters released its statement a few hours after the ones made by the managing director and founder of TicketBis, who intervened in the debate about the secondary ticketing which was triggered by the instant sold out of tickets for the two dates for Coldplay in Milan, on the3rd and 4th of July 2017, and by the launch of inquiry by the Italian antitrust Authority, announced on the 18th of October. Assomusica wanted to emphasize «its opposition to any unauthorized activity of resale of concert tickets».
The association led by Vincenzo Spera «urges, therefore, the Supervising Authority to take action to prevent any form of speculation to the detriment of consumers and of the authors. Measures should include, but not limit to, accurate controls, so that the show tickets are sold only by people entitled and authorized to do so: the organizers; ticket companies authorized by the organizers; third parties duly authorized, whose name and / or VAT number must appear on the same ticket.
Assomusica also invites the public to buy tickets through the official channels only, distrusting who willfully defrauds State, spectators and music itself.
It is urgent, therefore, to find measures to block those Web sites that do not respect the laws.
It is the firm belief of our Association that urgent legislative measures are necessary, to govern the specific peculiarities of evolving sectors that are of great socio-economic impact.
For this reason, the action of Assomusica will continue with greater commitment, not only directed to Italian institutions but also to the other partners, at the international level. The problem is felt, in fact, in all European countries (France and Germany, in particular) and cannot disregard Community rules. Only cooperation and the appropriate synergies with other subjects, institutional or otherwise, can give us the desired results».
- ASSOMUSICA - INAIL DISPONIBILE IL VADEMECUM DELLE MACCHINE SCENOTECNICHE
- Coronavirus: Vincenzo Spera intervista a RaiNews 24
- Ticket nominali: “Costi più alti e rischio caos”
- German Live Music Lobby Wins Ruling Against Secondary Ticketing Platform
- Io vado a Genova - Conferenza stampa di presentazione
Latest from redazione
- Wind Music Awards 2017: Fiorella Mannoia awarded by Vincenzo Spera on the stage in Arena di Verona
- VINCENZO SPERA confirmed as Assomusica PRESIDENT at the 29th assembly
- Spotify lancia la piattaforma per condividere dati con gli artisti
- Assomusica takes part at IPA during ILMC29
- Torna, insieme al Midem, il Midemlab. I consigli degli esperti