Music tourism is more and more important for the economy. Assomusica, the association of Italian concert promoters, released data that show how, out od 6.1 million tickets sold, a third of the audience comes from other counties. A 2.7 per cent is coming from other States altogether. The Arena in Verona sees a 62 per cent of tickets sold outside the town. "We are seeing an increasing phenomenon for music tourism, going hand in hand with an increase in the number of concerts. It is a useful gain for a business that already generates 640 million euros a year", explains Assomusica president Vincenzo Spera to Italian newspaper Sole 24 ore.
The different people in the audience have a different impact on the tourism business: "Rock and pop events concern big numbers while lyrical and jazz concerts are usually attended by big spenders who sleep in high-cost hotels", added Filippo Fonsatti, president of the Federazione dello spettacolo dal vivo, Live show Federation.
- Coronavirus: Vincenzo Spera intervista a RaiNews 24
- Ticket nominali: “Costi più alti e rischio caos”
- Io vado a Genova - Conferenza stampa di presentazione
- WIND MUSIC AWARDS 2018: I PREMI ASSOMUSICA A BAGLIONI E PAUSINI
- NIMPE Music Factory - 25 maggio 2018 Artlab Milano - Lo streaming completo dell'evento
Latest from redazione
- Wind Music Awards 2017: Fiorella Mannoia awarded by Vincenzo Spera on the stage in Arena di Verona
- VINCENZO SPERA confirmed as Assomusica PRESIDENT at the 29th assembly
- Spotify lancia la piattaforma per condividere dati con gli artisti
- Assomusica takes part at IPA during ILMC29
- Torna, insieme al Midem, il Midemlab. I consigli degli esperti